Unit 1: Understandig different cultures through literature
Book study: Thunder Rolling in the mountains.
How did the United States westward expansion impact Native American cultures in the West?
▪ How did the Nez Perce’s homeland sustain their lifestyle and culture?
▪ What role do stories play in Nez Perce culture?
▪ How does the conflict between the Nez Perce and the US government reveal differing cultural beliefs and values?
▪ What important beliefs and values guide Chief Joseph and his daughter, Sound of Running Feet?
▪ What important Nez Perce beliefs and values does Chief Joseph convey in his Lincoln Hall speech?